Search This Blog

Saturday, May 12, 2012

"Now I'm off singing karaoke, further than I've ever been"

Sept 22

The coworkers and I took a beach break and brought the kids and the girls along. It was really hot that day, I guess everyone had the same idea as us. We dined on grilled red snapper and fried plantains and quenched our thirsts with ice cold homemade cherry juice and Prestige (Haitian National beer). Good times!

Although every cook has her own special technique, most Haitian fish, meat and poultry are marinated in delish spices that include citrus, adobo, parsley, scotch bonnet peppers and garlic.

Grilled fish on the beach.


Loving the neon and black & white print on my bikini 

It wasn't until I was working on this post that I realized that I was drinking around children. It is so common in many households that I thought nothing of it, but now that I'm back in the States, I feel a little uncomfortable about it.

I <3 sunsets

The HUMONGOUS lobster that the coworkers bought. I'm not into shellfish, so I didn't partake but it smelled delish, the juices were sloshing all over the plate.

Bikini top: H&M; Bikini bottom: Wet Seal

2 comments: