Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Yankee Doodle


My stepbrother and his wife had a Yankee Swap last night.  I had a great time, imbibed in way too much spirits, but hey I wasn’t driving and it was all in the comfort of some one’s home so no harm no foul right?  I’ve never really understood that saying but oh well, all’s well that ends well.  I just did it again didn’t I?  Darn English language!! For those that aren’t really into the excessive consumerism that comes with Xmas, try having a Yankee Swap with friends and family.  Good clean fun, and if it gets a little messy, someone will probably have won a Shamwow that they wouldn’t mind lending out.  I lucked out with my gift, some people got gag gifts like a Lord of the Rings dvd, a Hello Kitty lamp and a bottle of vodka.  Some people like to have fun with the items they bring but I actually prefer to give someone something that they can either use for themselves or regift.  Have you ever hosted or been to a Yankee Swap? 
Blazer: Thrifted; Turtleneck: Sears; Dress: H&M; Shoes: Swapped










No comments:

Post a Comment