Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Tightening

I went to get my braces tightened today.  I go around the same time every month and they change the bands and the wire and string around the brackets.  I am officially on my fourth month and I've had so much progress.  My ortho decided it was time to put a chain on the brackets instead of the plastic string that i normally used to pull 2-4 teeth together.


The chain as you can so goes around most of the teeth, and it works by pulling all of the teeth together at the same time.  However the top two and bottom four are being held together by wire and elastic string as opposed to being in the chain because they have already moved into place. 

Of course my teeth became so sore almost immediately after the chain was put on.  I hate the feeling of soreness and tenderness, but it's a price I am willing to pay for gapless teeth.  I hope you all understood the process lol.  Feel free to ask me any questions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment