Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Caramel Plum

Hi (waving ecstatically), hope you all had a great weekend.  I had a fun but slightly expensive weekend.  I will definitely be laying low this coming weekend.  As you probably assumed, these pics were taken in a library.  No, I don't just go take pics in the library lol.  Whenever I need to get things done, or serious thinking, I like to go someplace quiet.  I can not work/think in noise, AT ALL.  Ever since I was a child, the library has always been my refuge.  Books are my escape and they've allowed me to expand my horizons in more ways than I could have ever imagined.  I am so fortune to have had teachers and mentors who encouraged and supported my love of reading and thirst for knowledge.  I still have a bunch of books from my childhood, that I can't wait to share with my future children.


I'm going to apologize in advance for the horrible quality of these pictures.  I recently inherited a camera from my friend.  For the life of me, I can not get the settings correct in regards to color and lighting.  



These are literally the best of the batch, which is clearly not saying much.


The cheetah print bracelet is from the Afrofest, and the purple is from my local farmer's market.


I love love the color of these sandals.

So, I included the booty pic because I feel like I've been losing weight lately (not intentionally, I just have no appetite when it's really hot); and it was nice to see that the view from the back was still pleasant 

What are some of your favorite childhood books?  I loved the Babysitter's Club Series, Sweet Valley High, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, Amelia Bedelia, Are You There God It's Me Margaret

Dress & Belt: AJ Wright; Sandals: Urban Outfitters

2 comments: